Professor of Mathematics
Click on one of the buttons, or scroll down
Over the years, I have taken interest and done some research in various
areas of mathematics, including General Topology, Differential
Inclusions, Differentiable Semigroups, and Probability.
To see a list of topics and references click
I am not teaching in the Fall of 2015. I will be available for advising.
Recent and Past Teaching
Below is a list of courses I have taught at Elizabethtown College.
- MA117 Concepts of Calculus
- MA121 Calculus I
- MA122 Calculus II
- MA201 Linear Algebra
- MA251 Probability and Statistics.
(For MA251 you will need StatsPortal)
- MA252 Statistical Methods in Research
- MA255/MA455 Mathematics of Compound Interest
- MA256 Problem Solving in Interest Theory
- MA301 Abstract Algebra
- MA321 Differential Equations
- MA331 Operations Research
- MA351 Theory of Probability
- MA352 Mathematical Statistics
- MA355 Problem Solving in Actuarial Science
- MA421 Real Analysis
- MA457 Actuarial Models: Financial Economics
Some more links to courses I have taught at Gettysburg
WPI, and Carnegie Mellon: click
The Math Department employs some of its qualified students to
offer free tutoring in the evening. Additonally, the department
reserves the computer lab in the afternoons and evenings to make it
available for individual use by students and faculty. Starting Fall
2014, Math tutoring will be held in room E 370, next to the computer
lab, rather than the computer lab itself.
The math computer lab is now located in E 368.
I will no longer post weekly schedules for the lab. Availability, as
well the most
current schedule can aways be found on 25Live.
A link to lab schedules from previous semesters can be found here.
If you are an undergraduate at Elizabethtown College and if you are
interested in this contest, contact Bobette Thorsen or me.
- Math tutoring is avilable in E 370, Monday through Thursday
4:00-11:00pm, and on Sundays 5:00-11:00pm
- The Math Computer lab is designated for open access Monday
through Friday 3:30-11:30pm, and Sunday 5:30-11:30pm.
Sci. Dept. Homepage
last updated 09/23/2015