Department of Communications
|Com 472 - Practicum
Prerequisites minimal sophomore standing
|Dr. Robert C. Moore
208B Steinman Center (1252)
moorerc at etown dot edu
Office Hours: M-T-W-Th, 2:00-3:00
Others by Appointment
Supervised application of previously studied theory by professionals in the field of the students concentration: Corporate Media, Public Relations, Mass Communication.
The student will be able to:
1. Build upon technical skills learned in the classroom and acquire new skills.
2. Experience the relationship between theory and practice in a non-classroom or professional setting.
3. Become familiar with professional performance expectations of the field beyond the classroom.
4. Make judgements about the experiences and expectations of the position as they relate to career aspirations.
5. Begin a transformation from learner to professional behavior.
Requirements 1 credit item 1, 2 credits items 1-2, 3 credits items 1-2-3
Each Practicum will be graded pass/fail. Practicum evaluations are done at mid-term and the end of semester classes on forms attached. Field supervisors complete and return to the department at the address noted.
Midterm Evaluation: Date and Time TBA.
Final Evaluation: Date and Time TBA.