DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY-TRANSFER STUDIO
( Including Architecture, Sustainble Design, Robotics, and Machine Intelligence)
- LAB MISSION: "Creating intelligent habitats and machines to benefit humanity"
(GREEN architectural engineering, GREEN communities, search & rescue, space & ocean exploration,
hazardous waste removal,
assisting the disabled, sustainable manufacturing).
- Located in $20,000,000 Science, Mathematics & Engineering Center -- and includes:
- A library with 1000 publications in Robotics, Machine Intelligence, Supercomputer Design, Embedded systems, Digital Design, Controls,
Computer Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Architectural and Urban Design, and Sustainable Design (Dr.W.'s library for students to use).
- Industrial Programmable Logic Controllers, 80251 Microcontroller test boards & assembler/simulator software,
Field-Programmable Gate Arrays & Xilinx logic simulators, and a 3D printer for prototyping robotics parts and architectural models
- Hydroponic Gardens and architectural models
- Well over 200 student projects supervised since 1999; See ALL MAJOR PROJECTS
(list needs updating)
- Annual student symposiums:
- Our large mobile robots:
Wunderbots have been demonstrated at ASME and IEEE meetings, national competition IGVC (Intelligent Ground Vehicle Compitition)
in 2004, 2006, and 2008, and corporate & institutional gatherings (JLG, Keck foundation, Phoenix-Contact).
This research has helped many students gain employment and graduate school entrance (Stanford, Dartmouth, Notre Dame,
U. Mass, RPI, U. Arkansas, U. Maryland, Drexel).