ROBOTICS & MACHINE INTELLIGENCE
- LAB MISSION: "Creating intelligent machines to benefit humanity" (search & rescue, space & ocean exploration, hazardous waste removal,
assisting the disabled, sustainable manufacturing, green architectural engineering).
- Located in $20,000,000 Science, Mathematics & Engineering Center -- and includes:
- A library with 1000 publications in Robotics, Machine Intelligence, Supercomputer Design, Embedded systems, Digital Design, Controls,
Computer Architecture, Architectural Engineering, and Sustainable Design (Dr.W.'s library for students to use).
- Industrial Programmable Logic Controllers, 80251 Microcontroller test boards & assembler/simulator software,
Field-Programmable Gate Arrays & Xilinx logic simulators
- Over 150 students supervised to-date; See ALL MAJOR PROJECTS
- Annual student symposiums have included many
built robots and other "intelligent" machines,
- Our large mobile robots:
Wunderbots have been demonstrated at ASME and IEEE meetings, national competition IGVC (Intelligent Ground Vehicle Compitition)
in 2004, 2006, and 2008, and corporate & institutional gatherings (JLG, Keck foundation, Phoenix-Contact).
This research has helped many students gain employment and graduate school entrance (Stanford, Dartmouth, Notre Dame,
U. Mass, RPI, U. Arkansas, U. Maryland, Drexel).